H. Norman Saurage III Service Award
About The award
In honor of the late Norman Saurage, longtime Chairman of the Board for Community Coffee, Dream Teachers will recognize a Louisiana teacher for outstanding service to the community. Both the Saurage family and the Community Coffee Company have been active advocates for public education in Louisiana for more than 40 years.
The H. Norman III Service Award will go to a Louisiana public school teacher who has demonstrated not only outstanding instructional skills, but has made an exceptional personal contribution outside of the classroom to student enrichment, professional leadership, or community service. The award can recognize the achievement of a single outstanding event, or continuous dedicated service over a period of time.
Louisiana public school teachers with a minimum one-year of service may be nominated. Teachers previously nominated may be re-nominated for subsequent years.
Please click the button above to access the nomination form. Peers, parents, principals, superintendents, organizations or anyone who has knowledge of a teacher who has made significant community service contributions may be nominated.
Nominations for 2017 are OPEN until June 1.
Activities could include:
- After-school tutoring
- Coordinating charity events or fundraising events
- Represents the school at community events
- Organizes and or leads school clubs
- Performs professional development programs
- Serves on non-profit board
- Volunteer with charitable or non-profit organization
- Volunteer during the summer
- Does home visits or other out of school initiatives
- Initiated new program or special event
- Serving as an inspiration to others
The award recipient will be recognized at the Cecil J. Picard Educator Excellence Awards Gala on July 28, 2017. The recipient will receive a cash award, and a portion of the cash prize will be dedicated to help support their continued extracurricular activity.